From Wikimedia Usability Initiative
Revision as of 23:29, 4 January 2011 by 18.104.22.168
This page is used by the team to note down ideas & things to remember later. Please do not use it as a general brainstorming page.
- Multimedia:Permission review workflow
- easy transfer from any Wikimedia / $wgForeignFileRepos-enabled MediaWiki wiki to Commons
- transparent upload from any Wikimedia / $wgForeignFileRepos-enabled MediaWiki wiki to Commons
- => must deal with the "watchlist issue"
- red / page background color flag for possible copyright violations
- Configurable settings for wikis with an EDP; most usual cases; auto-resize if resolution is too high
- view stats inc. geo information (to see if the audience is local or not)
- drag-and-drop from the desktop to the browser
January 2011 brainstorming
- Enable cross-origin request sharing to Apache config for upload.wikimedia.org -- this enables browser-based editing and other forms of reuse. Since upload.wikimedia.org holds no user secrets this is safe.
- When temp uploading stable and lasts for days/weeks, then allow bulk uploads with FTP, etc.
- temporary duration of files set by configuration or policy
- Licenses in the database.
- Searchable by license / license characteristics
- What does Toolserver do -- these are candidates for making into "real" features
- We don't really know everything that's on the Toolserver does -- survey, inventory, somehow?
- See stats about how many times image viewed / full size download / trackback for used?
- Queue of articles that need images or illustrations
- Failed example -- JIRA with Greenspun project
- Successful example -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Graphic_lab ? Move this to Commons? (Kaldari-- this is successful because it's a shared community).
- Successful example -- reward board
- Successful example -- WikiCup
- Way to regenerate all thumbnails
- Possible to do this by storing relationship between an image and all derivative transformations, then expiring the first
- Brainstorm**2 about ways to involve community better
- Fame: Blogposts about contributors (e.g. Bryan Tong Minh)