Beta Feedback Survey/What Users Liked
From Wikimedia Usability Initiative
What users liked (enwiki):
- Overall positive:
- Beta is great, nuff said! :)
- Liked almost everything. Disliked nothing
- Between this and Google Chrome I can pretend that I'm not even running Vista.
- A much cleaner, more open or spacious feel.
- I loved it! The look is clean.
- Love the design.
- It looks pretty slick.
- The interface is cleaner and much easier to navigate.
- I like the format; it is clean, concise, and easy to use once I got used to the differences
- Toolbar/editing experience:
- The expandable toolbar seems to be good.
- I liked the new editing. It seems to be a good combination of not cluttering things up, not making it totally WYSYWIG (which I think also would be bad) and providing enhanced access to more features.
- I like the cleaner look. New edit toolbar. Overall a BIG success.
- Search box location:
- I like the search box at the top
- Good: A good place to put the search box.
- I like the grouping of the page/discussion tabs away from the others
Some didn’t feel changes were enough (enwiki):
- I don't see that it offers anything on top of the old system.
- Other than below, not noticed any problems nor have I noticed anything fantastically brilliant, but then I haven't experiment with it: I have used it as normal as possible to provide a fair comparison.
- I don't yet understand what is different from the normal version.
- I thought the Beta was pretty much the same. The editing page was nicer but the old style graphics were better. This feels too glossy, the other had a more gritty feel.