Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ideas list (add your own!)
- Syntax highlighting similar to WikiEd. - Archived discussion 1 - Archived discussion 2 - SourceForge project with live demonstration
- Collapsible references similar to WikiEd.
- Simplify edit page warnings. Mockup
- Template selector. Discussion and mockup
- "Edit saved" message. Discussion and mockup
- Document-sharing services such as Google Docs.
- Easier navigation Discussion and mockup
- Interwiki links. Discussion and mockup
- Login-area constantly available at the top (like ubuntuusers; practical for Secure Login. what dedects it automatically
- Nice image galleries like the Lightbox
- Change photo edit facility, which is easy to use
- Fixed positioning for Nav / Search Box - so it's always on the page as you scroll - Talk:Prototype/Archive 8#Search Box / Navigation - why not try fixed positioning?, link to my custom prototype css
- Leave wiki exactly as it was - it was obviously successful - why change it?
- How about adding a "shake" for random feature for iPhones!
- The cursor should already be in the search box when you access Wikipedia as well as stay in there while reading articles. This would be much more comfortable and user-friendly!
- Bookmark articles without adding to watch-list - for favourites and research subjects, with personal folders or tags. Essential for the heavy reader, such as myself.