Multimedia:Meeting in Paris/Notes/Search
What's the current workflow related to this topic?
- Search engine such as Google, Yahoo and Bing
- Internal search engine from Wikipedia, Commons and other Wikimedia projects
What are the major issues related to this topic?
- Internal search does not take advatage of language indicator and does not pick up international content
- Some meta data are embedded to media files (usually not localized); not used for search
- image EXIF, movie subtitles, ...
- Meta data maintained on the description pages are not machine readable
- Meta-Data search: license/license-feature, size, media-type, etc
- Export of image metadata (creator, etc), embedding for external search engine
- Image content localization/parametrization
- localization/parametrization of embedded maps
Tools and workarounds
What are the existing tools or workarounds used to circumvent these issues?
- Multilingual image search (Duesentrieb's WikiWord)
- Add media wizard (Michael Dale)
- Free image search tool (FIST) (Magnus Manske)
- New CatScan (Magnus Manske)
- Commons Commander (Magnus Manske)
Other possible solutions
What other solutions could be used to circumvent these issues? (Be bold and creative)
- Semantic MediaWiki (eval Scalability)
- Integration of WikiWord-Thesaurus with internal search (lucene)
- Bryan Tong Minh's Global Commons - Coming soon! 
What are the advantages and drawbacks of these solutions? (existing or not yet)
- Efficiency in solving the issue
What issues should we focus on?