Multimedia:Meeting in Paris
Wikimedia France is organizing, in collaboration with the Wikimedia Foundation, a meeting in Paris related to multimedia participation on Wikimedia projects. It will take place on 6-8 November 2009.
IRC channel open during the entire meeting: #WikimediaMultimedia on <irc.freenode.net>.
Twitter hashtag: #WikimediaMultimedia
- Request for comments
- Brainstorming page (in English)
- Brainstorming page (in French)
- Article from Delphine, on Wikimedia France's blog (French)
See Category:Wikimedia Multimedia Usability Meeting 2009 on Wikimedia Commons.
Michael Dale presenting Add Media Wizard work
Michael Dale walking through his demos
Ryan Kaldari presenting his custom front-end for managing photo contests
Magnus Manske presenting his selection of crazy tools
Jan and Michael hacking
Ryan Kaldari and Samuel Klein
Magnus Manske and Brion Vibber
Mathias Schindler and Frank Schulenburg
- Goals of the team: identifying major issues, exploring and assessing solutions, and coming up with a draft roadmap.
- We have an opportunity here to accomplish much more than "just" what the Ford team is able to do.
- Gathering of people with much experience, ideas and expertise; it would be a shame to only focus on the multimedia usability project, because we just can't address all issues.
- Joint projects: let the community, volunteers and chapters engage in activities and projects in a larger plan.
- Some areas of discussion (e.g. partnerships) may not fit exactly in the proposed workflow of the meeting; be bold and creative.