Multimedia:Meeting in Paris
Wikimedia France is organizing, in collaboration with the Wikimedia Foundation, a meeting in Paris related to multimedia participation on Wikimedia projects. It will take place on 6-8 November 2009.
IRC channel open during the entire meeting: #WikimediaMultimedia on <irc.freenode.net>.
Twitter hashtag: #WikimediaMultimedia
- Request for comments
- Brainstorming page (in English)
- Brainstorming page (in French)
- Article from Delphine, on Wikimedia France's blog (French)
See Category:Wikimedia Multimedia Usability Meeting 2009 on Wikimedia Commons.
Ryan Kaldari presenting his custom front-end for managing photo contests
- Goals of the team: identifying major issues, exploring and assessing solutions, and coming up with a draft roadmap.
- We have an opportunity here to accomplish much more than "just" what the Ford team is able to do.
- Gathering of people with much experience, ideas and expertise; it would be a shame to only focus on the multimedia usability project, because we just can't address all issues.
- Joint projects: let the community, volunteers and chapters engage in activities and projects in a larger plan.
- Some areas of discussion (e.g. partnerships) may not fit exactly in the proposed workflow of the meeting; be bold and creative.