Accessibility of the toolbar
I moved the following items to the talk page for now:
- Edit toolbar can't be used without pointing device.
- Enhanced edit toolbar has menus accessible via keyboard but all buttons are inaccessible without pointing device.
I'm not sure it really is an issue. If one was to use a button with the keyboard, he would actually need to 1. select the text 2. use tab key to reach the button, thus losing the selection of the text. As far as I know, it's almost impossible (or really complicated, and several experts would be needed to make it happen). Dodoïste 15:55, 24 May 2010 (UTC)
- I have no solution to the core problem, but please note that Firefox behaves in such a nice way that makes it usable. If you select text in an edit field, you can leave it selected, tab back or forth, press some button and the action is applied to the previously selected text in the edit field, because the selection is saved. You can check this by just selecting text inside the main editing field, tab to the summary edit field, and tab back. Voilà! Your text is still selected. So as this is doable in Firefox, I would like to see the toolbar fully keyboard accessible. Lecartia 15:52, 26 May 2010 (UTC)
- Add: Of course, there is no point in having the menus in the toolbar accessible but not the buttons. Lecartia 16:00, 26 May 2010 (UTC)
Issues found by DZB
The German Central Library for the Blind (Deutsche Zentralbücherei für Blinde, DZB) did a short review of Vector’s accessibility. For now, find the issues listed on the Wikitech mailing list. Lecartia 14:01, 18 June 2010 (UTC)
- Daniel has entered some new bugs that were mentioned by the DZB, see mediawiki:Accessibility for details. Lecartia 07:38, 30 July 2010 (UTC)
Flagged Revs issues
Hello. I posted a quick review of the Flagged Revs at the flaggedrevs.labs wiki, Pending Changes issues. It also contains hints to improve Vector. Dodoïste 02:09, 23 June 2010 (UTC)