Usability, Experience, and Evaluation Study/Notes/Bianca
From Wikimedia Usability Initiative
- 1 Parul's Notes on Bianca
- 2 Naoko's Notes on Bianca
- 3 Nimish's and Hannes's Notes
Parul's Notes on Bianca
- editing for grammar
- haven't made any major edits - added some content, but not nearly as much
- has written yelp reviews
- notices article and discussion tabs.
- stanford band - changes the caption on a photo.
- never really figured out what minor edit is - usually click on it.
- copies and pastes from an example link. finds referenced links.
- i'm trying to see how to make a piece of text look like (a link?)
- look like hyperlink
- sean points out link button in toolbar
- creates internal link by typing chars- page doesn't exist, red
- links to "external" page using dialog
- internal link - automatically
- not likely to add references
- knows how to add a section - just types the chars, looks at toolbar, wouldn't use
- shifting in the editor window - distracting
- see video markers for template stuff
- has never created a page
Naoko's Notes on Bianca
- Compares the editing experience with WordPress
- Publish the edits without previewing
- Knows how to add a link to Wikipedia page
- Add internal link using dialog successfully
- Creates a table using dialog, but missed how to make a header row
- Looks for an infobox in NTOC
- Expands the arrow, instead of using the dialog
- Likes the dialog, but did not recognize how to get to it
- Interface is not intuitive
- Wishes obvious tutorial
- Refers to twitter for how to's
- Highlights for new features
One thing you like the most
- Template dialog
What would make you contribute significantly?
- Making citation easier (importing references)
- Something enticing (not sure how to express)
One message to the UX team
- Make it obvious
Nimish's and Hannes's Notes
- "I wish this would be a plain Text Editor"
- Uses Preview Tab immediatly (when asked to find the preview)
- Thought the Advanced, Speical Page and Help Links are "real" Links that takes you to another page. Therrfor she didn't want to click on the them.
- can use the ling dialog very good. "this is pretty intuitiv"
- recognizes ref icon
- was very confused by junping effect!!!
- does not know how to format a reference, would just select text and click the ref-icon
- Would like to have an undo button
- Expects "moderators to discuss the article"
- Clicks on it: see some hints --> is confused, this is not what she expected.
- "this is like another wiki"
Add a section
- copies the "==="
- rather than using the headings from the toolbar (even though she sees them, doesnt know what it is)
- thinks the indent-icon could have something todo with a section as well, but she is unsure
- finds table icon immediatly
- gets along with the iserted table code pretty well
- (knows where to put what)
Infobox/ Template Folding
- looks for a "category" in the ntoc that says infobox
- some guide: "scroll back to the top" than finds the capsule, clicks oin the arrow
- guide: "click on the hyperlink"
- "Oh cool, but I would have figure this out, if you did not tell me."
- Calls templates "hyperlinks"
- Enjoys editing from forms more
- What you like better? "the popup thing, it's easier to find. But I dont like the fact that I cannot change the headings"
- Searches left nav (Communtiy Portal)
- searches for "how to create a new page" --> doesnt find help
- Searching for help information
- Asks for tutorial as well